When do we collect information?
Pageclip provides a data collection service for websites. As such we may collect information from two groups of people:
- People who register for a Pageclip account.
- People who interact with the websites that use the Pageclip service.
Information you provide to us (name, email, other contact information) is collected at the time you provide said information. e.g. when you sign up for an account, or submit a Pageclip form on a another website. Other information such as website usage may be collected when you interact with the Pageclip website.
What information does Pageclip collect?
The data we collect depends on your interactions with Pageclip.
- When registering for a Pageclip account, you will be asked to enter your name, email address and other details to help you with your experience.
- Websites using Pageclip may ask for personal information within a Pageclip form.
In addition to the data you provide, we may collect data from your interactions with the Pageclip service:
- Usage data. This includes the features you use, and the web pages you visit within Pageclip.co. This includes your interactions on our website, and with us via email.
- Device and connectivity data. We may collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to Pageclip (e.g. when submitting a Pageclip form). This may include data about the operating system, IP address, browser type, and referring URLs.
Note that credit card information collected when signing up for a paid account is stored by Stripe or GitHub depending on how you signup. Credit card and related information is not stored by Pageclip.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase an account, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To send periodic emails regarding your account or other products and services.
- To improve the web service.
Where is your information stored?
Data is stored is secure servers managed by AWS in the United States.
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user purchases an account, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. Stripe is the provider for purchases through the Pageclip website. GitHub is the provider for GitHub Marketplace purchases.
GDPR: How to access and control your information
You can request edit, delete, or access a copy of your personal data that Pageclip stores, including data from any Pageclip forms from other websites. You can also make choices about our collection and use of your data. How you can access and control your personal data will depend on which part of Pageclip you interact with.
Access - You can request a copy of your personal data via our GDPR Request form. Please select 'Send me a copy of my data', and provide your name, email, and any other relevant information. We will verify that you are in control of the specified email address. Then we will send you a file with any data we have related to the provided name and information. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Deletion - You can request to have all your personal data deleted via our GDPR Request form. Please select 'Delete all of my data', and provide your name, email, and any other relevant information. We will verify that you are in control of the specified email address, confirm exactly what is being deleted, then permanently delete your information. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Correction - If you have a Pageclip account, you can update your account information on your Account Settings page. You can request to correct any other personal data via our GDPR Request form. Please select 'Correct my data', and provide your name, email, and what you would like corrected. We will verify that you are who you say you are, then update the requested information. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Update your collection preferences - You can request that we withdraw consent to use your personal data via our GDPR Request form. Please select 'Withdraw my consent', and provide your name, email, and what you would like corrected. We will verify that you are who you say you are, then delete any of your personal data we store. We will then make our best efforts to ignore requests related to your personal data in the future. We will make our best effort to respond within 14 days, but processing a request may take up to 30 days.
Do we use "cookies"?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different; look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features of Pageclip, such logging in and signing up, will not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, anonymous, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing or advertising uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We send anonymous usage data to Google Analytics to compile data regarding user interactions.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information
- By logging in to your account
- By chatting with us or by sending us a support email
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.